Doming/cast resin labels for product decoration
For this plastic labels a liquid synthetic resin will be applied on the printed surface of a label. This refinement technology provides the finished label with a premium 3D effect and a pleasing smooth haptics. The applied layer is glass-clear, does not yellow and can be up to several millimeters high. The 3D labels are UV- and weather resistant and are available with different hardness grades depending on how soft or hard a label must be in the end.
The synthetic resin spreads evenly on the surface directly during the application. Toward the edges the form of the synthetic resin flattens and closes the cast resin layer smoothly with the label edge. For the small as well as for the large print runs the computer-controlled robots will be used for the application of the resin so that the same quality of the label can be warranted. For the hardening a UV light curing device will be applied. The three-dimensional labels are also often called cast resin- or doming labels.
The main features
- Brilliant, striking and noble optics
- Crystal-clear three-dimensional surface effects
- UV- and weather resistant
- Phthalate- and PAH-free
- Scratch-proof and permanently elastic
- Very high adhesive power also to difficult substrates
- Many special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa applicable and available from stock
- Doming labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages
The cast resin refinement provides the label with a plastic looks and the colors appear more brilliant compared to common printing products. The printing motif is the company logotype in most cases. Besides the optical additional value, the plastic layer is characterized by higher protection against the outside influences. The carrier material consists of premium UV- and weather resistant plastic foils. Depending on the area of application different high-performance adhesives will be applied.
Frequently Asked Questions
High prominence of the label due to three-dimensionality and the boosting of the color brilliance, which provides the product with additional optical upgrade.
The product decoration and premium type identification for
- Medical devices and technical facilities and products
- Computer industry
- Furniture industry
- Doors- and window construction
- Automotive industry
- Temperature resistant from -40° C (-40° F) to 120° C (248° F)
- In conformity with PAH, REACH, and RoHS
- High performance materials as basic foils made of acrylate foil, polyimide foil and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Doming features in different hardness grades
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces)
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity