Quality labels by the manufacturer
Type plate labels for safe identification
A type plate label contains important detailed information about the respective product, like a clear identification and assignment by the identification number or individual encodings. Moreover, warnings, performance data as well as an individual customer branding can be added. The type plates must often fulfil statutory regulations and will be generally applied in the environment of extreme conditions, which makes the special requirements to their resistance paramount.
The key features of type plate labels
- High resistance against mechanical load and in the area of chemicals and solvents
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the subsequent imprinting
- Suitable for the standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA, FMVSS etc.
- Very high adhesive power of labels also on difficult substrates
- Optimization of processes due to the automation of material and product flow by automated dispensing
- Additional safety functions like e.g. security cutouts possible
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
- Plain labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
Our production program ranges from simple type labels for the short-term labeling to extremely long-lasting labels, which are resistant against UV radiation, acids, chemicals and mechanical impacts and adhere to metal, cast parts, plastics, varnish and many further materials.
The type plate labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some materials and products to be labeled are still hot when the labels must be adhered. Additionally, other products can have a very rough or dirty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the label application. Thus even type plate labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical design elements of type plates are barcodes, performance data and warning symbols. These labels can be used for example in the following sectors and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Car manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (tubes, lines and open sea identification)
A type plate contains important information about the respective product. The displayed data must allow for a clear identification and assignment to a manufacturer or an importer. Depending on the branch, the necessary data varies in part significantly. Thus since 2009 there is the obligation for machines within EC to carry the following data:
- The name of the machine
- Company name as well as the address of the manufacturer or of the authorized representative
- The CE labeling, which documents the compliance with the minimum statutory requirements
- The statement of production series or type and if applicable a serial number
- The year of manufacturing of the machine or the year, when the manufacturing process has been completed.
The type plate labels have the advantage that they can be equipped with numerous further additional features which make plagiarisms and product piracy more difficult and prevent them in the best case. To label the products in a forgery-proof way, the type plates can consist of transfer-proof labeling materials. The safety labels as type plates offer numerous possibilities to secure your products against manipulations. For example, the type plate can be manufactured in the way so that it self-destructs if someone tries to remove the labeling product. Additionally, holographs or microprints can protect the type plate from the unauthorized copying.
- Temperature resistance from +150° C (302° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 10 years
- Very thin (min. 6µ) as well as very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyester (PET), aluminum foil and brushed aluminum
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Custom materials with e.g. colored adhesives are possible (pantone or RAL colors)
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing and ink jet method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
The wide selection of different materials also allows for different printing methods for the customization of the type plate labels. Depending on the requirements there are different printing methods. Robos-labels offers digital printing, rotary silkscreen printing and flexographic printing.
- The UV digital printing impresses with flexible and short-termed adjustment possibilities and does not require any classical printing plates. Thus also small print runs of type plates can be produced economically. Moreover, the quality of digital printing colors continuously improves for years, which allows for high resistance and highly opaque combinations.
Duration of application: middle- to long-termed
- The rotary silkscreen printing is useful for the type plate labels which must be applied under extreme conditions. The labels printed this way will be mostly used in technical areas and resist UV light, weather impacts and mechanical‑chemical load without any problems. The reason for this high resistance lies within the thick paint coat of the processed special color series.
Duration of application: long-termed
- The flexo printing allows for a fast printing of the high number of labels. The possibility to use special colors, cold foil embossing and varnishes makes this printing predestined for the striking labels.
Duration of application: short- to middle-termed
- For the individualization on site the thermal transfer printing is suitable: it impresses with the printing quality in exceptionally high resolution. The labels are resistant against chemicals, oil, and dirt and thus long-lasting. These labels can be also used outdoors.
Duration of application: middle- to long-termed
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- Chinese Standard GB/T 25978-2010 Marking labels on engine and gears (label type ‘F’)
- 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) § 541.5 – Requirements for passenger motor vehicles.
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS