Blank labels for the subsequent inscription with variable data
The blank labels are plain labels which can be subsequently inscribed with individual data directly at the customer’s site. The labels will be adjusted to the customer-specific requirements and applications and often serve the management, control and tracking of materials and products by encoding.
The main features of plain labels
- High resistance in outdoor applications and in the area of chemicals and solvents
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA, ATEX, FMVSS, FDA etc.
- Very high adhesive power of the labels also to difficult substrates
- Optimization of the processes by automation of material- and product flow
- Additional safety features like e.g. security cutouts are possible
- Over 500 special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
- Plain labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The blank labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die‑cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be imprinted directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some of the materials and products to be labeled are still hot when the labels shall be adhered. Other products can also have a very rough or dusty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of hologram labels. Thus even plain labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Industrial applications of blank labels
The typical products in the area of blank labels are barcode labels, type plates, rating plates, caution- and warning labels. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, suppliers)
- Vehicle construction (passenger transport, freight transport, ship and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (tubes, pipes, and open sea identification)
Individual features of plain labels
Also material compositions, adhesive-free zones and partially preprinted logotypes are possible.
Technical key data of our blank labels
- Temperature resistance from +300° C (572° F) C to -196° C (-320.8° F
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 15 years
- Very thin (from 6µ) as well as very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of acrylate foil, polyimide foil, aluminum foil, and polyester (PET)
- Permanent/repositionable/removable adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Custom materials with e.g. colored adhesives are possible (pantone or RAL colors)
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing, laser engraving, and inkjet method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
Certifications of our blank labels
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS