Barcode labels for the labeling with variable data
Specific Solutions for Barcode-, EAN- and QR-Labels
The labels with barcodes contain comprehensive information which is stored in a data bank and can be retrieved by scanning of 2D and 3D codes and subsequently inscribed with further individual data directly at the customer’s site if required. The labels will be adjusted to the customer-specific requirements and applications and often serve the management, control and tracking of materials and products with the help of encoding. They are also called EAN labels.
The main features of barcode labels
- High information content: a lot of information retrievable with a transfer code from a small label
- Clear and safe identification and assignment
- Gapless backtracking of goods and products
- High resistance when used outdoors and in the area of chemicals and solvents
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Suitable for the standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA, ATEX, FMVSS, FDA etc.
- Very high adhesive power of labels also to difficult substrates
- Optimization of processes due to the automation of material and product flow
- Additional safety functions like e.g. security cutouts possible
- Over 500 special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
- Plain labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
Tailored individually to customer’s wishes, the classical one-dimensional or also complex two-dimensional barcodes, 2D data matrix codes, alphanumeric signs or numeration will be retrieved from a data bank and printed. With the help of special printing methods we are able to print even smallest 2D codes up to minimal size of 5 x 5 mm (approx. 0.19×0.19 inch) or also multicolored so-called 3D codes. Moreover, with a video control system we can perform a 100 % inspection of the barcodes to exclude the occurrence of duplicates or illegible codes.
The barcode labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some materials and products to be labeled are still hot when the labels must be adhered. Additionally, other products can have a very rough or dirty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the label application. Thus even partially encoded labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Especially the intern logistic processes of the manufacturing and the labeling of goods cannot be imagined without the barcode labels as the carrier of information.
The typical labeling products which contain barcodes are type plates, QR code labels, inventory labels, security labels, rating plates as well as caution- and warning labels. These labels can be used for example in the following sectors and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Car manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Healthcare (labels for the identification of patients and specimen)
- Chemical industry (tubes, lines and open sea identification)
The two-dimensional QR codes are the advancement of the one-dimensional barcodes and serve the improvement and control of processes. They are able to store significantly more information and can be a cost-effective alternative to RFID codes under certain conditions. They make information – just like barcode labels – readable digitally and automatically and are available directly on parts or goods.
Use of QR codes
- Labels with a printed QR code will be applied for the labeling of parts and products in all areas of industry and everyday life by now. Comprehensive data about the product and production history are compactly stored in the shown code and can be easily read by a scanner.
- The digital reading of the code allows for the forwarding to the central databases via internet. This way products, parts and goods in logistics can be identified and assigned unequivocally. Processing steps will be documented and can be later used for evaluation.
- Labels with QR codes allow for the automatic sorting of deliveries in logistics within shortest time. Moreover, QR codes can lead to further information and product videos on the manufacturer’s website or serve the authentication of original products.
- Consecutive QR codes can label every created product individually and hence allow for personalization, registrations and tracing.
On a small self-adhesive label the item numbers, expiry dates or badge numbers can be saved. They serve for example the control of goods flow or inventory. Furthermore, the intern company processes will be optimized with barcode labels or the shipments can be tracked or service tickets verified.
- Temperature resistance from +300° C (572° F) C to -196° C (-320.8° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 12 years
- Very thin (min. 6µ) as well as very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of acrylate foil, polyimide foil, aluminum foil, and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and stretchy to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity