Flag labels for more information on cables and tubes
On the electronic devices, computer workstations and switch cabinets the cables must be marked correctly. This way the cables can be unambiguously assigned at a later time. For installation, repair and troubleshooting the technicians depend on the information on the flag labels. The white or colored flag labels stick to elastic and difficult surfaces. They will be placed around the cable and the ends of the label will be coinciding agglutinated. The “flag” created this way provides space on both sides for imprints with text, barcodes or logotypes. Here the label material must provide good printability for the subsequent thermal transfer printing on customer’s site.
The main features of flag labels
- Reliable adhesion to small radii and rounding, to low-energy and slightly oily substrates and to elastic materials and structured surfaces
- Flag labels are very flexible and soft and smooth
- Due to high adhesive power the detaching of both ends of the adhered flag will be prevented
- Complete close fitting of the label to the substrate, thus no intrusion of chemicals, liquids or dirt – also solutions for outdoor application available
- Also in larger formats easy to apply manually
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA, FMVSS
- Plain and preprinted labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to safe identification in the area of cable labeling
The flag labels allow for the safe identification of cables and have the load capacity of type plates. The information must be reliably placed in a small space. The flag labels offer high flexibility in regard of material and will be individually adjusted to the customer specifications. This happens with the help of suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives. The criteria for material choice are the application temperature, flammability requirements, specifications like e.g. UL- or individual automotive standards and the place of application.
The labels can be delivered directly as required in variable amounts, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of cable labels. Thus even labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical application in the area of flag labels are typing, serialization, encoding, and numeration. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Network technology and server environments (office, industry)
- Electric tools engineering (switch cabinets, tools, home appliances, office machines, etc.)
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Automotive manufacturing (charging cables and stations, OEMs, suppliers)
- Vehicle construction (passenger transport, freight transport, ship and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
The extremely robust labels will be placed centered around the cable and the ends will be adhered to each other to a flag. The flag labels are also available with adhesive-neutralized areas so that the flag label is movable and can slide on the products. Moreover, these labels can be used as documentation labels when they have a perforated part for tearing off. The flag labels can be manufactured “bone-formed” if required, so the agglutinated ends create a wide squared format and offer more space for information. Here the thin middle part of a label will be wrapped around the cable.
- High flexibility of foil materials
- High-performance materials made of polyvinylchloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), polyester (PET), and polyolefin foil (PO)
- Temperature resistance from +150° C (302° F) C to -80° C (-112° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 7 years
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing and inkjet method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
- Very thin (from 6µ) combinations of foils possible
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS