Labels for protection of surfaces against scratches and abrasion
During the ongoing manufacturing processes or transportation there is a danger that the surfaces of machines, devices or parts will be scratched or can chip off. This can happen due to dirt and dust or mechanical load. In this case the sensitive surfaces can be protected by lacquer- and scratch protection labels. The labels stick with the help of adhesion or of very easily removable adhesives and do not leave any adhesive residue. They will be also applied for the protection of scratch-sensitive product surfaces on the way to the end customer, like for example of displays for digital terminals.
The main features of surface-protection labels
- Protection against scratches and soiling
- Materials especially for high ambient temperature available
- Wide range of adhesives for different applications, which can be removed easily and without residues
- Good sealing features of the adhesive against color leaking
- Wear- and impact-resistant upper material, printed and plain possible
- Scratch protection labels with peel-off tabs and in special forms available
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Optimization of the processes by automation of material- and product flow
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
Functions and advantages of scratch protection labels – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The labels for the surface protection cover the surfaces and parts temporarily. They can carry information or also be plain. During this time the products remain flawless and will not be soiled or damaged.
The labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be dropped.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die‑cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the label application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Industrial applications of lacquer- and scratch protection labels
The typical products in the area of these labels are protection foils for sensitive surfaces made of e.g. glass or plastics or varnished surfaces. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Car manufacturing (OEMs, suppliers)
- Vehicle construction (parts surfaces in passenger transport, freight transport, ship and train construction)
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (displays, display boards, tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
Individual features of labels for surface protection
When the scratch protection labels are no longer necessary, they can be easily peeled off without residue. The labels can adhere to numerous device surfaces due to adhesion or very weak adhesives. The adhesives offer optical clarity and do not discolor. They remain crystal clear and transparent and can be delivered in different colors when desired, they are low-odor and UV resistant.
The robust labels are available in different types of foil, which also resist high ambient temperature for example during the drying processes or special bathes.
Technical key data
- Temperature resistance from +68° C (154.4° F) C up to -30° C (-22° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 2 years
- Very thin (minimum 6µ) and very thick (175µ) protective foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polyethylene (PET)
- Adhesives: easy to remove adhesives or adhesive-free materials (sticking due to adhesion) for high- and low-energy substrates
- Formats: special forms and blanking are possible
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Foil features: very soft and smooth
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces)
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS