Pipeline labeling for reliable adhesion on rounding
The pipes must be marked correctly so they can be unambiguously identified by the type plate labels or pipeline ribbons at a later time. For installation, repair and troubleshooting the technicians depend on the information on the labeling of the pipes. The pipeline labeling adheres safely to high- and low-energy substrates as well as to powder coatings, slightly oily or structured substrates. They must provide high printability for the subsequent thermal transfer printing on customer’s site.
The main features of pipeline labeling
- Reliable adhesion to middle-sized and large radii
- The labels are very flexible and soft and smooth
- No butterfly effect, due to high adhesive power the detaching of the edges will be prevented
- Complete close fitting of the label to the substrate, thus no intrusion of chemicals, liquids or dirt. Also solutions for outdoor application available.
- Safe adhesion to low-energy or oily substrates and structured surfaces
- Also in larger formats easy to apply manually, e.g. by flaps or slits on the back
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling like e.g. FMVSS
- Plain and preprinted labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to safe identification in the area of pipeline labeling
The labels for rounded surfaces allow for the safe assignment of pipelines and have the load capacity of type plates. The information must be reliably placed, partially in a small space. The labels offer high flexibility in regard of material and will be individually adjusted to the customer specifications. This happens with the help of suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The criteria for material choice are e.g. ambient conditions, application temperatures, flammability requirements and individual customer specifications.
The labels can be delivered directly as required in variable amounts, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of pipeline labels. Thus even labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical application in the area of wrap-around cable labels are typing, serialization, encoding, and numeration. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Chemical and technical industry
- Medical and compressor technology
- Energy and environment technology
- Aerospace industry
- Plant construction in the area of coolant technology
- Vehicle construction (freight transport, ship and train construction)
High demands will be set to the labeling of pipelines in regard to temperature- and weather resistance. Similarly, high demands will be also set to the application of for example large formats or under difficult conditions at the building site. For that, for example, special application supports like touch- and peel-off flaps or positioning support can be added. Additionally, there is a possibility to provide the labeling product with a retractable laminate, this way a handwritten information like e.g. service or inspection date and a signature can be protected against further influences.
- High flexibility of foil materials
- High-performance materials made of polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyester (PET), and polyolefin foil.
- Temperature resistance from +300° C (572° F) C to -196° C (-320.8° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 15 years
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing, laser engraving, and inkjet method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
- Very thin (from 6µ) combinations of foils possible
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS