Front panels and decorative foils for the permanent labeling
The front panels are self-adhesive plates made of strong plastic foils in individual formats and designs. They have a functional character and additionally serve the decoration and information. They will be applied onto electronic devices, vehicles, machines and housings and are durable for a long time. They offer a high user convenience and are an intersection to the customer and guarantee that the displays and control elements remain usable for the complete life cycle of a product.
The main features of front panels and decorative foils
- Thick robust foil material in different thicknesses
- Impact- and scratch-proof against mechanical influences
- Precisely fitting for individual notches and indentations in control panels and surfaces
- Protected against manipulation by unauthorized removal
- Individual forms, die-cuts or transparent areas are possible
- Very high adhesive power of the labels also to difficult substrates
- Permanent legibility for a long time
- Weather resistant, also outdoors and at extreme temperatures
- Vibrant, UV-light resistant colors
- Resistant to cleaning with high-pressure and in contact with cleaning chemicals and solvents
- Dimensionally stable and sturdy, blister- and wrinkle-free
- Rounded corners for the protection against load as well as flaps for peeling-off possible
- Easy to transfer and suitable for dry application
- Environmentally friendly PVC-free plastic foils possible
- Suitable for the standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA etc.
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The front panels and decorative foils will be precisely adhered in small indentations and notches to the respective surface to prevent tearing-off or damage. The front panel mostly compensates the indentations with its material structure. The manifold cutouts let through the control buttons and the transparent parts allow for the visibility of indicator lamps and displays. Onto the front panels the user information for the control units like keys, buttons, and controllers will be printed.
The front panels and decorative foils offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials by leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
Some products to be labeled can have rough or dusty or slightly oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of front panels and decorative labels. Thus even front panels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of front panels and decorative foils are device inscriptions, measuring scales, user information, technical plates, type plates, rating plates as well as caution- and warning labels. They can be found e.g. on machines, housings, electronic devices, monitors, appliances, switch components, and device controls.
This type of labeling can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, suppliers)
- Aviation (operating elements, controls)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Electronic appliances (printers, touch panels, displays)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (industrial equipment)
- Sports equipment/devices (battery units on e-bikes, gym equipment)
- Telecommunication (devices, control cabinets)
- Control- and surveillance technology (control panels)
The front panels and decorative foils made of polyester or polycarbonate will be often printed with the inside printing method. Due to the transparent material the printed image is especially protected against all damaging influences. The labels have transparent areas for the display indications or control lamps. Partial cutouts for control buttons, as positioning marks and positioning support as well as individual form die-cuts for products and parts are also an integral component.
- Temperature resistance from +150° C (302° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 10 years
- Very thick (400µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polycarbonate (PC) and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Foil features are very dimensionally stable, tear-, impact- and scratchproof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS