Functional labels made of plastic foil with cutouts and punching
The labels with cutouts and punching are self-adhesive plates made of plastic foils in different material thicknesses in individual forms and designs and can have transparent areas or perforations. They have a functional character and, in addition, an informative and branding function. They will be applied onto electronic devices, vehicles, machines and housings and are durable for the long period of time. They offer a high ease of handling, serve as an intersection to the customer and guarantee that the indications and operating elements remain usable for the complete life cycle of a product. They are easy to install and easy to clean.
The main features of the labels with cutouts and punching
- Robust range of foils in different material thicknesses
- Precise for individual cutouts and indentations in control panels and surfaces
- Protected against manipulation by unauthorized removal
- Individual forms, cutouts or transparent areas possible
- Very high adhesive power also on difficult substrates
- Permanent legibility in the long-term due to intense, UV light resistant colors
- Weather and temperature resistant
- Resistant against high-pressure cleaning and in contact with cleaning chemicals and solvents
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling like e.g. UL/CSA etc.
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The labels with cutouts and punching will be precisely adhered in slight indentations and notches on the respective surface to prevent tearing-off or damages. Here the label with its material construction can compensate the indentations of the housing. The manifold cutouts let through the control buttons and the transparent parts allow for the visibility of indicator lamps and displays. Onto the die-cut labels the user information for the control units like keys, buttons, and controllers will be printed.
The labels with cutouts and punching offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials by leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of robust labels. Thus even labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of these labels are device inscriptions, measuring scales, user information, technical plates, type plates, rating plates as well as caution- and warning labels. They can be found e.g. on machines, housings, electronic devices and appliances, monitors, switch components, and device controls.
This type of labeling can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, suppliers)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Electronic appliances (printers, touch panels, displays)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (industrial equipment)
- Sports equipment/devices (battery units on e-bikes, gym equipment)
- Telecommunication (devices, control cabinets)
- Control- and surveillance technology (control panels)
These labels are characterized especially by the high precision of the punch outline and their tolerances, because they need to be inserted and fit exactly in the premanufactured housing parts. In addition, these labels can be imprinted with the inside printing method so that the printed image is especially protected against mechanical and chemical influence.
The partial cutouts for control buttons, as positioning marks and positioning support as well as individual form die-cuts for products and parts are also an integral component.
- Temperature resistance from +150° C (302° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 10 years
- Very thick (400µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polycarbonate (PC) und polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Foil features are very dimensionally stable, tear-, impact- and scratchproof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS