Hologram labels for the protection against plagiarism and for premium product decoration
The labels with hologram serve the proof of authenticity. In the connection with a QR code or a serial number they enable an authenticity examination. The hologram labels are forgery-proof and significantly upgrade the impression of the product. The holograms have four different levels regarding the visibility of features and the corresponding target groups.
The holograms will not be printed, but embossed by heat into ultra-thin hologram foils. Here the hologram glimmers due to the holographic embossed structures at a special light incidence angle in all spectral colors, whereby diverse kinetic effects can be achieved.
The 4 levels of the label hologram features
- Obvious features like logotype, switch effect, kinetic and emboss effects are directly visible to the customer.
- Exposed features with functions like guilloche patterns, color separation, HRI hologram foil, micro text, lens effect, and QR- and barcodes can be read by customs.
- Hidden features can be only read by inspectors. These include micro- and nano texts, CLR image, laser engraving and hidden material- and pigment layers.
- Invisible, individually created features have the highest security level and can only be recognized under laboratory conditions.
The combination of most diverse security elements (4-level-model) makes the hologram forgery-proof. Some of the security features are patented, this way a 100% forgery protection can be achieved.
Track-and-trace system in a hologram
The track-an-trace system allows to integrate information about the product into the hologram by the manipulation-proof laser inscription of numeric encodings, logotypes, images, and QR- or data matrix codes. It helps to trace the transport way of the products or to transmit other information to the manufacturers, suppliers or also to customers. This way the exact quantity of overproductions for the gray market will be controlled and inhibited as well as the distribution ways and reselling become traceable and will be contained.
The main features of labels with holograms
- Manipulation safety and plagiarism protection
- Clear identification of a product
- Examination of origin and tracks of goods by integrated codes
- Product upscaling by exclusive looks
- Individual hologram motifs are possible
- Very high adhesive power of the labels also to difficult substrates
- Available as a self-destruction label for the initial opening protection
- Optimization of the processes by automation of material- and product flow
- Additional safety features like e.g. security cutouts are possible
- Numerous special materials available from stock
Functions and advantages of hologram labels – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
- Brand protection: holograms protect against product piracy by marking goods like medicinal products, electronic- and luxury goods, technical original parts and many more.
- Product upscaling: holograms provide products with authenticity and give the customer the certainty that it is a high quality product.
- Highlighting of the own brand: esthetical holograms are striking and upscale the looks of packaging or the like. This transports a positive impression about the value of the product and builds trust.
- Product security: the labeling of products, for which the security plays an important role, helps to distinguish them from forged and unsafe products.
- Closing and sealing: devices, medicinal products, documents, parcels and packages will be securely closed and sealed at the same time. This documents the integrity of the products and offers security for producer and user.
- Authentication: the hologram labels serve the copy protection and authenticity proof for agreements, records, ID cards, certificates and many more documents and IDs.
- Identification of property: premium tools, electronic devices and other items will be clearly identified and this way protected against theft.
- Improving of the image: the endeavor to fight the product piracy will be also positively perceived by dealers and suppliers. Additionally, an individually adjusted hologram helps to differentiate the brand from the competitors.
The labels with the protective function offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die‑cutting forms and premium adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of hologram labels. Thus even the labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of these labels are serialized labels, seal labels, void labels, decorative labels, and type labels. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Electronics industry (computer, components, entertainment electronics)
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Car manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Chemical industry
Very flexible materials for adhesion around the corners and edges are available, this way can labels can also serve as the closure of a packaging. Also material compositions and partially preprinted logotypes are possible.
- Temperature resistance from +90° C (194° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- High-performance materials made of polypropylene (PP) or polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing and inkjet method
- Foil features are from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS