Labels for the sealing of part openings
These multifunctional covering labels cover openings and cavities of parts reliably and can be additionally imprinted with processing information, warnings or product information. With the help of protective foils in individual formats the intrusion of dirt, chemicals, liquids and other materials becomes impossible. This prevents that the parts become unusable or damaged. The labels for the protection of part openings are available plain or printed. They will be adjusted precisely to the customer-specific requirements and applications and have diverse forms, cutouts, materials and material thicknesses.
The main features of protective foil labels
- Covering the openings and cavities of parts to avoid contamination by dirt, liquids, and other materials
- Multiple openings can be covered by one label. Sets for multiple openings are realizable.
- Single parts of the label can be removed at different times due to perforations
- Protective foils replace rubber plugs and closing cups
- The protective foils can be applied fully automated during the ongoing manufacturing process
- The labels can be removed without residue
- The protective foil labels can be imprinted with information, an additional label is redundant
- Protection against damage or unserviceability of parts, also transparent protective foils available
- Very good adhesive power also to difficult substrates
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa are available from stock
- Plain labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the covering labels
The labels for the protection of part openings offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die‑cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some of the materials and products to be labeled are still hot when the labels shall be adhered. Other products can also have a very rough or dusty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of labels. Thus even protective foil labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of protective foil labels are plain covering labels as well as caution- and warning labels. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Car manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
The possible flaps simplify the removing of the protective foil labels. If necessary, positioning supports can be printed and perforations for the releasing of label parts can be punched. For multiple component openings per product the covering sets can be constructed and manufactured. Additionally, the labels can have different material thicknesses and adhesive powers. Also adhesive-free zones as well as partially preprinted areas are possible.
- Temperature resistance from 150° C (302° F) C to -40° C (-40° F), higher temperature ranges upon request
- Very thin (min. 6µ) as well as very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polyester (PET), polyimide (PI), and polycarbonate (PC)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging – Tactile warnings of danger – Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS