Quality labels by the manufacturer
High-temperature labels for machines, plants and automotive
The high-temperature labels withstand extreme temperature and ensure the tracing during the production. They are extremely robust and resistant against cleaning methods with aggressive chemicals. If required they can be subsequently inscribed by the customer with individual data on site. The labels will be adjusted to the customer-specific requirements and applications and often serve for the identification, management, control and tracing of materials and products by encoding.
The main features of high-temperature labels
• High resistance at high temperatures and extreme temperature peaks
• Suitable for outdoor application and in the area of chemicals and solvents
• High dimensional stability and reliable legibility of the encodings
• High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
• Suitable for standard-compliant labeling lie e.g. UL/CSA, FMVSS etc.
• Very high adhesive power of the labels also on difficult substrates like rough and oily surfaces
• Optimization of the processes by automation of material- and product flow
• Additional safety functions like security cutouts are possible
• Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
• Plain labels in individual formats and special forms
• Suitable for adhesion around edges and corners
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The labels for extremely high temperatures offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials by leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some of the materials and products to be labeled are still hot when the labels shall be adhered. Other products can also have a very rough or dusty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of labels. Thus even high-temperature labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling product in the area of these labels are barcode labels, type plates, rating plates, caution- and warning labels. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Steel industry and aluminum manufacturing
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Circuit board assemblies (prior to flow soldering or reflow soldering)
- Computer, IT periphery, telecommunication equipment, and consumer electronics
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (burners, tubes, lines etc.)
The extreme environments, like for example in the engine compartment or on the machines and plants, demand highest standards of surface materials, imprints and adhesives. In the circuit board manufacturing or during the melting or soldering processes for example the temperatures of up to 300° Celsius will be reached (572° F). By using special printing methods combined with special adhesives these labels can withstand extreme temperatures of up to +300° C (572° F) depending on the application. Moreover, the special protective laminates ensure that the labels are still easily legible on the mechanically highly loaded areas after several years. Also difficult substrates like oily or powder-coated substrates can be labeled. Material composites, adhesive-free zones as well as partially preprinted logotypes are also possible.
- Temperature resistance of +300° C (572° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 10 years
- Very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polyimide foil, acrylate foil, aluminum foil, and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for substrates like for example metal, iron cast, plastics, varnish
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces)
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS