Labels with retractable laminate for subsequent inscription by hand or with thermal transfer printing
A label with retractable laminate allows for a subsequent inscription on site, which will be protected by a transparent laminate foil. For that the laminate of the label is still partially provided with covering paper. The label will be subsequently inscribed underneath this area. The user retracts the partial covering paper after he subsequently puts down the data and covers the label completely with the transparent laminate. This way the subsequent inscription or imprint is protected by the retractable laminate. The labels will be completed for example with dates and signatures of service for devices, machines, and plants on site. The labels with retractable laminate will be adjusted in their size, form and materials to the customer’s requirements and applications.
The main features of labels with retractable laminates
- High resistance in the area of chemicals and solvents
- The inscription is protected against manipulation, abrasion, and mechanical load
- Robust in soiled environments and under the weather conditions
- Resistant against aging and fading when exposed to UV light
- Inscribable by hand or with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Very high adhesive power also on difficult substrates
- Additional safety functions like e.g. security cutouts possible
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
- Plain and preprinted labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The labels with retractable laminate offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials by leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives. The labels can be inscribed flexibly on site without a printing machine and they still remain permanently legible.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some products to be labeled can have a very rough or dusty or oily surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of labels, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of retractable laminate labels are test seals, service labels, type plate labels, industrial labels, and warning labels. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
- Chemical industry (switchgears, power distribution cabinets etc.)
The labels with retractable laminate are material compounds which will be completely connected by the customer on site. By that e.g. company logotypes, rating data and service intervals can be partially preprinted beforehand, which then can be completed with individual additional data like service dates and signatures.
- Temperature resistance from +150° C (302° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 5 years
- Very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method or with suitable pens
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS