Quality labels by the manufacturer
Retro-reflecting measuring points and labels for distance measurement
The reflecting labels will be applied in the optical metrology. The point markers serve for example as reference points for 3D measuring of small parts, devices and vehicles. A 3D scanner scans the objects with programmed movements and this way can capture these objects with the help of measuring points and create a digital copy. This way high quality data and precise CAD nets are created. With the help of reflecting measurement points the results of manufacturing processes can be controlled or optimized during a development process. The reflecting labels will be adjusted precisely to the requirements and can be manufactured with diverse materials, in different sizes and adhesive power. Often a target marking or crosshairs will be imprinted.
The main features of reflecting labels
- Reflect incident light waves
- Safe measurement over longer distances
- Serve as reference points for 3D scanner measurements
- The point markers are available without encoding or encoded with consecutive numeration
- Available in individual sizes, forms and designs
- Available plain or printed
- Different adhesive power of the labels available
- Resistant to repeating cleaning processes
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for measuring engineering
- 3D coordinate measuring technology and 3D testing
- General metrological inspective tasks
- Light impulse control of entrances by sensory function
- Security technology: reflecting labels allow for the surveillance of movements and processes at buildings, fronts and embankments and this way they can be observed over the long term. This application possibility is especially advantageous for bridges, rail tracks, industrial facilities and purification plants, tunnels and other places difficult to access
- As permanent points for calibration measuring
- When expanding the industrial constructions and the following installation chains
- Measuring of distance in the geometrical surveying technology
The reflective labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die‑cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The products can have a very rough or other difficult surface, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of labels. Thus labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling products in the area of reflective labels are measuring points and labels with imprinted hair crosses as a target marking. These labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Measuring- and surveying technology
- Mechanical engineering (engines, machines, and machine tools)
- Electric tools engineering (tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Automotive manufacturing (OEMs, supplier)
- Vehicle construction (public transport, freight transport, ships and train construction)
- Medical products (active, non-active and products with measuring function)
The reflective labeling foils reflect the light directly after the hitting. The incidence angle here is equals to the emergence angle. In the case of retro-reflective labels the light will be thrown back directly to the source. The microprism foils provide for maximum possible light level for the reflection. Rhomboidal honeycomb structures are possible.
- Temperature resistance from +70° C (158° F) C up to -34° C (-29.2° F)
- Indoors durable almost unlimited, outdoors min. 8 years when adhered vertically
- High-performance materials made of polyolefin (transparent) and vinyl foil
- Permanent/removable adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Foil features stable and tear-proof
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- FORD WSS-M99P41-A72
- MS-13445 (FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
- TL 52038 (Volkswagen standard)
- GMW14573 (General Motors)
- TM-0030T-Y (Tesla)
- GS 97058 (BMW)
- MS 373-12 (Hyundai)
- DBL 8230 (Mercedes-Benz)
- TSM7508G (Toyota)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS