Vial- and tube labels for small diameters and radii
The small injection bottles are often also called vials and will be used in medicine and laboratories. These containers can be made of glass as well as of plastic and have a relatively small capacity, which is the reason for their small body diameter of up to 15mm (approx. 0.6 inch). Thus the labeling of a product with small diameter must be exactly adjusted to the application that the so‑called butterfly effect, namely protruding of the label in the edge area, cannot occur. For that plain or just partially preprinted labels will be often applied, which will be subsequently imprinted with the current production data on site during the filling process.
The main features of vial- or tube labels
- Very thin and soft and smooth materials
- High resistance against changing climatic conditions (hot water bath to low temperatures)
- High abrasion resistance with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- Reliable adhesion at up to -50°C (-58°F) and in dry ice up to -80°C (-112°F)
- Easily printable and formable
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling like e.g. FDA etc.
- Very high adhesive power of the labels also on difficult substrates
- Optimization of the processes by automation of material- and product flow by machine dispensing
- Numerous special materials by Avery, 3M, Flexcon, and Tesa available from stock
- Plain/preprinted labels in individual formats and special forms
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling
The vial labels offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by using suitable special materials of leading manufacturers, individual die-cutting forms and premium adhesives.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be reduced or dropped.
Some materials and products to be labeled are not completely cooled down when the labels shall be adhered. In addition, other products can have moist surface or surface difficult for labeling, which can be safely labeled with matching adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the application of labels. Thus even labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The typical labeling in the area of tube labels are barcode labels, content labels, batch identification or caution- and warning labels and can be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Medical products (auto-injectors, pre-filled syringes, vials etc.)
- Chemical industry (laboratory, specimen collection etc.)
Also product sets, adhesive-free zones as flaps, partially preprinted logotypes are possible. Moreover, material solutions for the application in the area of steam sterilization and dry ice applications are in stock. Regardless of application either in the area of liquid nitrogen and dry ice or contacting with chemical disinfectants or boiling hot water, our special adhesives adhere reliably also on difficult substrates and remain legible at any time.
- Temperature resistance from +140° C (284° F) C to -196° C (-320.8° F)
- Very thin (min. 6µ) combinations of foils possible
- High-performance materials made of polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyethylene high density (PEHD), and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Foil features from soft and smooth and flexible to stable and tear-proof
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS
- ISO 3826 Standard for migration – plastics collapsible containers for human blood
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces)
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)