Warning labels for technical industry and medical technology
The labels with warning symbols and safety cautions are adjusted exactly to the requirements of the technological industrial branches and show high mechanical and chemical resistance. They are extremely robust, remain permanently legible and adhere securely beyond the service life of a product.
The technical labels can be inscribed subsequently with individual data directly at the customer’s site and be adjusted to the customer-specific requirements and applications.
The key features of labels for technical industry and medical technology
- High abrasion resistance under mechanical load with suitable thermal transfer ribbons for the thermal transfer printing
- High resistance for outdoor applications and in contact with chemicals and solvents
- Resistant against UV light, weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Suitable for standard-compliant labeling
- Very high adhesive power of the labels also on high- and low-energy and very rough substrates
- Optimization of processes due to the automation of material and product flow by mechanical processing of the labels
Functions and advantages – precisely tailored to your requirements for the labeling of technical products
The labels for the technically industrial applications offer the best possible flexibility and will be adjusted individually to the customer’s requirements. This happens by the combination of suitable special materials with premium adhesives of leading manufacturers.
The labels can be inscribed directly as required in variable amounts with current data at the site, by that the storage and the management of numerous labels may be dropped.
In the industrial field the surfaces to be labeled can be very rough, dusty or oily, thus the used adhesive must be tailored precisely thereon. Here it must be taken into consideration if adhesives based on acrylate or rubber must be used. In special cases also hybrid adhesives will be applied, which have both acrylate and rubber parts to benefit from the advantages of both adhesives.
Our upscale and accurate processing with most modern die-cutting technologies guarantees the highest precision and reliability for the label application. Thus even technical labels with adhesives which are difficult to process can be processed mechanically very well, which increases the user efficiency in the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Industrial applications of these high performance labels
The typical labeling products in the area of these labels are warning labels with pictograms, symbols and texts. They serve the user safety for handling, storage and disposal of technical products and hazardous substances. This applies to the whole service life starting with production and storage and up to processing sites and consumers and finally recycling of the product at the end of its life circle.
Warning labels can be applied for example in the following branches and areas on machines, devices, tools and plants:
- Technical industry (warnings/danger symbols on machines, plants, electronical tools etc.)
- Medical technology (warning/danger signs on diagnostic tools, x-ray systems, measuring systems etc.)
- Car manufacturing (warnings/danger symbols/use information in engine compartment or interior etc.)
- Vehicle construction (warnings/danger symbols/use information on assemblies and bodies etc.)
Individual features of warning labels for technical industry and medical technology
The labels can contain the following information:
- Danger symbols/pictograms
- Signal words (e.g. danger/caution)
- Danger information (e.g. explosive)
- Safety cautions (for processing, handling, storage and disposal)
- Product identification (serial numbers, codes)
- Company identification (logotype, slogan)
Technical key data of our warning labels
- Temperature resistance from 150° C (302° F) C to -50° C (-58° F)
- UV and weather resistant foils up to max. 10 years
- High-performance materials made of acrylate-foil, polyimide foil, aluminum foil, polyvinylchloride (PVC) and polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy as well as slightly oily/dirty substrates
- Very thin (min. 6µ) as well as very thick (175µ) combinations of foils possible
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing and ink jet method
- Foil materials provide high dimensional stability
Certifications of our labels for technical industry and medical technology
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions. When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We also cover the first article inspections (PPF, production process and product release) in accordance with the specifications of German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) as well as the American counterpart, a PPAP inspection (Production Part Approval Process) of the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group).
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- UL969A:2020 Standard for Marking and Labeling Systems – Flag Labels, Flag Tags, Wrap-Around-Labels and Related Products
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)
- REACH, RoHS and IMDS conformity
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging – Tactile warnings of danger – Requirements
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS