Booklet labels and leaflet labels for comprehensive information in a small space
In these functional labels a small book, folded part or a leaflet is integrated. These so‑called booklets or leaflets offer a lot of room for numerous information in a smallest space. Often the products shall be sold all over Europe, which is why the user cautions for example must be placed in numerous languages directly on a product. This information is captive attached to the product with help of a booklet label and can be resealed after reading the information. The booklets will be tailored individually to the customer demands and vary in sizes, the number of pages and the material in accordance with the requirements.
The main features of booklet- and leaflet labels
- Comprehensive information placed with minimum space requirements
- Important information is placed captive on the product directly
- Versatile application possibilities
- Booklet labels are flexible in form, sizing and number of pages
- The labels are resealable
- Variable data and personalization possible
- Perfect for user- and safety information, promotions and hidden codes
- Awakens high attention by the end-consumers
- Suitable for flat or wrap-around adhesion
Functions and advantages of booklet- and leaflet labels
The booklet- or leaflet labels can be considered as hybrid products which consist of a usual basic label and a multi-page folded part. This way in the inner part of these products a variety of information, for example in form of different language variants, can be placed. The number of pages can vary depending on the used material and contain up to 40 pages. By that during the manufacturing process many products can be labeled with just one label, which minimizes the stocks as well as massively simplifies the stock management.
Additionally, the booklet labels can not only be used for e.g. consumer or caution information, but also at the same time applied on the outside for sales promotion within the product family.
Frequently Asked Questions
These informative labels will be applied for example in the following branches and areas:
- Chemical industry (safety information and instructions of use on containers with chemicals, cans, etc.)
- Building sector (mounting- and construction manuals for e.g. prefabricates parts)
- Medical technology (user- and safety guides for technical gasses or disinfectants)
- Electric tools engineering (user information and cautions for tools, home appliances, office machines etc.)
- Consumer goods sector (specials, sweepstakes, recipe suggestions, cross-selling etc.)
The weather-resistant booklet labels made of special materials are suitable for the outdoor application e.g. at the building site.
A booklet label consists of three parts:
The basic labels connects the booklet with the product. Here the adhesive plays an important role. The basic label can be equipped with an adhesive, which can even stick to a slightly oily substrates. The standard is a permanent adhesive. If the booklet has to be adhered to a convex surface, the basic label has to be shortened so there is no tension within the label which can lead to a crack in the worst case. The basic label can serve as a “mount” for the label, it can be printed as an additional page or be provided with a winning code.
The book is the main part of a booklet label. For simple applications the paper can be printed in monochrome and dispensed on the basic label without a flap. For the easier opening of the booklet a flap will be integrated. When colored components need to be inserted, a multicolor printing is possible without any problems. Almost any number of pages and paper thickness can be chosen. Moreover, there are materials which can be used outdoors permanently.
On the one hand, the laminate connects the folded part with the basic label and provides it with premium looks, on the other hand it also protects the whole label from the external influences. Here the standard is a transparent, permanently adhesive material. The batch numbers or best before information can be imprinted subsequently.
- Temperature resistance from +90° C (194° F) C to -40° C (-40° F)
- UV- and weather resistant foils up to max. 2 years
- High-performance materials made of polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), polyvinylchloride (PVC), polyester (PET)
- Permanent adhesives with a very good adhesive power for high- and low-energy substrates
- Diverse carrier materials like compressed kraft paper in different thicknesses, transparent plastic liner, kraft paper siliconized on both sides, and environmentally stable kraft paper available
- Subsequently inscribable with thermal transfer printing method
- Label sizes:
The smallest booklet label has page size of approx. 28 x 25 mm (approx. 1.1 x 0.98 inch)
The maximum possible booklet format is 300 x 450 mm (approx. 11.81 x 17.71 inch)
- Label forms:
The booklets/leaflets can be designed flexibly, which allows for squared, round and special forms.
As a manufacturer robos-labels has a wide range of already approved and certified labeling solutions.
When additional customized licenses are required, we can take on the approval- and certification process if desired.
We already meet the following standards and regulations with our raw materials:
- FDA 175.105 INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADHESIVES AND COMPONENTS OF COATINGS
- DIN EN ISO 11683:1997-11 Packaging — Tactile warnings of danger — Requirements
- CLP Regulation (Classification, Labelling and Packaging, in accordance with EC No. 1272/2008)
- BS 5609 Label resistance to saline sea water
- ADR 2021 Ordinance on the transport of dangerous goods by road, rail and inland waterways (GGVSEB)
- UL969 Marking and labeling systems (labels on smooth and not convex surfaces)
- UL817 Safety cord sets and power supply cords
- UL2238 Cable assemblies and fittings for industrial control and signal distribution
- UL94 Flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances (UL VTM-0 strictest classification)
- FMVSS 302 Evaluation of the flammability of interior materials (flammability/burn rate)